Important Information: COVID-19
We have missed sharing our days with you, our valued patients, and are pleased to return to modified hours as of May 11th. Being a healthcare provider is certainly more than a job, it is a calling – and in your absence, we all have felt a deep gratitude for the privilege of being trusted to provide your care.
When it comes to your safety, our team has always practiced universal precautions, which means we have behaved as though every individual who enters our doors could be a potential source of communicable disease. We understand infection control and have a long history of maintaining best practices. This coronavirus, with its likely asymptomatic spread and higher level of transmission, has challenged us to adopt further controls to create a safe environment for your dental care.
We are pleased to present our ePPP (enhanced Patient and Provider Protection) Plan:
- We are extending office hours and limiting the number of patient visits per hour to facilitate compliance with social distancing guidelines. We are also designating specific “Vulnerable Patient” hours to meet the needs of patients who are 65 years of age or older, have pre-existing medical conditions that cause increased risk for complications, or patients who are immunocompromised due to health conditions or medications. Please be sure to request these hours when you are scheduling, if you fit any of these criteria. We will also be offering Telehealth for those patients who prefer to see their provider virtually.
- Patient screening protocols will be completed prior to any scheduled appointments. We will detail the specifics of this with a separate email as you make appointments to return for your preventive care with Laura or Carla or for restorative care with Dr. Scurria or Dr. Marquez.
- Our staff will be screened each day prior to entering the facility. This protocol includes temperature checks, symptom screening, and requires that every member of the team wear face covering or masks for the full working day.
- We will be wearing an enhanced level of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in our care spaces at all times.
- Finally, we have added new engineering controls and practices in our office. Respiratory guards have been installed at all patient reception counters and the entire office has been upgraded for continuous virus-level air filtration. We have increased the frequency of regular high touch area disinfection. Our check-in and check-out procedures are now no-contact as well; this of course means no hugs or handshakes, and we look forward to sharing the new ways of saying “hello” and “goodbye” that develop as part of our new normal.
Please know your care is important to us and we will reschedule your appointments just as quickly as we’re able. We truly appreciate your patience as we move through this time, and look forward to seeing you soon.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: